lunedì, gennaio 27, 2020

Review: Parable of the Sower

Parable of the Sower Parable of the Sower by Damian Duffy
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

My problem with this graphic novel was mostly due to the great expectations. I had read the adaptation of Kindred almost six months ago and I liked it a lot, so I was ready to repeat the experience, but this time the story was claustrophobic and sad (your usually post scarcity stuff) , and I also get the style of the author (sketchy tables, unfinished drawing, etc.) but all together they were too much for me and I didn't really appreciate that.

Il mio problema con questa graphic novel é da imputarsi soprattutto al fatto che avevo delle grosse aspettative in quanto avevo letto l'adattamento di Kindred circa sei mesi fa, mi era piaciuto tanto e mi aspettavo qualcosa di simile, ma stavolta la storia era claustrofobica e cupa (la classica storia post scarcity) e lo stile dell'autore (tavole solo abbozzate per esempio), per quanto avessero un senso nel descrivere questo tipo di storia, hanno formato un insieme di cose troppo pesanti perché il risultato poi mi piacesse.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: