martedì, agosto 28, 2018

Review: Between Eternities: And Other Writings

Between Eternities: And Other Writings Between Eternities: And Other Writings by Javier Marías
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reading a book of essays written by one author I like it is almost a gift to me, because it helped to show under a new light many of the novels he wrote and to get to know him a little bit better. So these are the reasons why I liked this collection, even if it was sometimes hard due to the fact that I had no idea about some of the topics or the people he was talking about, plus I have to say I do not think he was right describing the people of Venice, but the reasons are exactly the same: he is Spanish and I am Italian.

Leggere una raccolta di saggi di uno degli autori che mi piacciono è quanto di piú simile ad un regalo da parte loro che io possa mai ricevere. Intanto perché getta nuova luce sui libri giá letti e poi perché mi sembra dopo, di conoscerlo un po' meglio e questo credo riassuma le ragioni per cui ho apprezzato il libro. Ci sono chiaramente state molte volte in cui non avevo idea di chi fossero le persone o i libri o i film che citava, né posso dire di essere d'accordo sulla sua visione di Venezia e dei veneziani, ma per entrambe le cose la ragione sta nel fatto che lui é spagnolo mentre io sono italiana.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: