lunedì, settembre 21, 2026

Review: The Strangers

The Strangers The Strangers by Naomi Alderman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a very unique novel, in which Alderman revisits the “what if” theme, but this time she doesn’t explore it through electric girls or algorithm modifications—instead, she uses little animals that suddenly appear in the world. I’m not even sure to what extent this can be called autofiction, because I know nothing about her as a person, and I hope there’s very little of her own life in the novel, since the main charachter certainly hasn’t had an easy life. In any case, it was a pleasant and easy read.

Molto particolare questo romanzo, in cui la Alderman ritrova il tema "cosa succederebbe se", ma stavolta non lo esplora attraverso ragazze elettriche o modifiche di algoritmi, ma utilizza degli animaletti che appaiono all'improvviso nel mondo. Non so nemmeno quanto si possa parlare di autofiction perché di lei come persona non so niente e spero ci sia poco di quello che ha scritto nel romanzo perché certamente il suo personaggio principale non ha avuto una vita facile. Comunque é stata una piacevole e scorrevole lettura.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: