lunedì, marzo 18, 2024

Review: Essays on Art and Science

Essays on Art and Science Essays on Art and Science by Eric R. Kandel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

To best appreciate this book, in addition to being interested in neuroscience one must love art, and in particular Viennese art at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries. I especially liked the chapter in which experiments were carried out that highlighted how abstract art is positioned at a "higher" level cerebrally speaking.

Per apprezzare al meglio questo libro, oltre che essere interessati alle neuroscienze bisogna amare l'arte, ed in particolare quella viennese a cavallo tra l'800 ed il 900. A me é piaciuto soprattutto il capitolo in cui si effettuavano esperimenti che hanno messo in luce come l'arta astratta si posiziona ad un livello "piú alto" celebralmente parlando.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: