sabato, settembre 01, 2018

Review: Crossing to Safety

Crossing to Safety Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first book that I read by Wallace Stegner and I liked it a lot, mostly the first 2 parts, the third one was hard on me and in a way I felt it was useless and didn't add to the book, neither it brought it to an ending, but this is just my opinion. I liked the way the lives of this 4 people are intertwined and how their characters evolve in the course of the story, even if there are some that remains absolutely the same from the beginning till the end. Larry, Sally, Syd and Charity are staying long in my mind, even if I would have loved a different conclusion.

Questo é il primo libro che leggo di Wallace Stegner e mi é piaciuto molto, specialmente le prime due parti, mentre la terza è stata difficile per me e l'ho anche trovata piuttosto inutile e non credo aggiunga nemmeno molto al libro, anche perché per quanto mi riguarda, le dinamiche tra le coppie mi sono sempre sembrate piuttosto chiare. Mi é piaciuto il modo in cui le vite di questi quattro personaggi si intreccino e come i loro caratteri evolvano con il tempo, ma non tutti, un paio rimangono piuttosto stabili e concludendo credo che Syd, Charity, Larry e Sally rimarranno piuttosto a lungo nei miei ricordi, anche se avrei preferito una diversa conclusione.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: