domenica, settembre 16, 2018

Broken by Traci L. Slatton

BrokenBroken by Traci L. Slatton
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The first book I read by Traci Slatton (it's called Fallen and is the first in a dystopian trilogy), I liked it so much that I took this on Netgalley, but I admit to being left a little disappointed. The historical reconstruction of the author is very accurate although I have some doubts on the party full of bohemian artists, which were held in Paris just before the outbreak of World War II. Rather, what has not convinced me that much of the story is the supernatural element (a nympho fallen angel?) And the fact that I did not like that much the main characters, also the archangel Michael arrives as a deus ex-machina and solves the final after being absent all the time in the book. In short, there were good conditions, but the end result did not satisfy me that much.

Il primo libro che ho letto di Traci Slatton (si chiama Fallen ed é il primo di una trilogia distopica), mi era piaciuto tanto quindi ho perso questo su Netgalley, ma ammetto di essere rimasta un pochino delusa. Come ricostruzione storica l'autrice é molto accurata anche se ho qualche dubbio sulle feste bohemiene piene di artisti che si tenevano nella Parigi appena prima dello scoppio della seconda guerra mondiale. Piuttosto, quello che non mi ha convinto poi tanto é l'elemeno soprannaturale della storia (un angelo caduto ninfomane?) e il fatto che i protagonisti principali non mi sono piaciuti poi tanto, inoltre l'arcangelo Michele erriva come un deus ex-machina e risolve il finale dopo essere stato latitante tutto il tempo. Insomma, c'erano delle buone premesse, ma il risultato finale non mi ha soddisfatto piú di tanto.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND PARVATI PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: