mercoledì, aprile 04, 2018

OUT NOW!

The Neuroscientist Who Lost Her Mind: My Tale of Madness and Recovery

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As a clinical psychotherapist I enjoyed this book a lot, mostly of course, because she survived and she is fine, but her tale was brilliant and interesting and gave me many insights about the "right way" to handle situation like those she was living.

Come psicoterapeuta e psicologa clinica ho trovato questo libro molto molto bello, specialmente perché l'autrice é sopravvissuta e sta bene, ma anche perché mi ha offerto numerosi insight e molti suggerimenti sul modo in cui gestire situazioni come quelle che ha vissuto lei.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Forest Bathing: How Trees Can Help You Find Health and Happiness

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As the topic was total unknown to me, I found the book very interesting even if a little bit naive and simplistic, still it was a subject that the author handled with a lot of experience and love. I love everything Japan so this was also a bonus for me.

Siccome l'argomento di questo libro mi era totalmente sconosciuto, ho trovato questo volume molto interessante anche se a volte un po semplicistico. ma si vede come l'autore sia un appassionato della materia e come l'ami profondamente. Inoltre siccome mi piacciono tutte le cose che hanno anche un minimo riferimento al Giappone, questo per me era un punto in piú.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



The Unmapped Mind: A Memoir of Neurology, Incurable Disease and Learning How to Live

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The author has MS and he uses his illness to explain a little bit of neurology and a lot about the way he feels about life and his family and how he handles being sick. It was a very enlightening book for me, even if I studied MS I think I say it with different eyes and it was precious.

L'autore racconta la sua vita prima e dopo aver ricevuto la diagnosi di sclerosi multipla e utilizza la sua malattia per spiegare un po' di neurologia ma anche come ha deciso di gestirsi la malattia. È stato un libro importante per me, anche se avevo studiato la malattia non avevo mai capito a fondo quali sono le conseguenze dei suoi sintomi; è stato illuminante e molto prezioso.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



The Realm, Vol. 1

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A nice story that left me wondering about the way it is going to finish. Not something that I have ever seen, but still enjoyable.

Una storia carina con niente di particolarmente nuovo per quanto riguarda l'ambientazione, ma mi piacerebbe sapere dove va a parare.

THANKS EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!

Nessun commento: