sabato, marzo 11, 2017

The Rings of Saturn by W.G. Sebald

The Rings of SaturnThe Rings of Saturn by W.G. Sebald
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There are books that tell stories and there are books that tell history, then there is this book that even without telling a single story, but several, it seems almost magically able to cross them in history, and even more magically it is written with a fluency that, when I finished the book it seemed to me that I have just begun. A thing of beauty.

Ci sono libri che raccontano storie e ci sono libri che raccontano la Storia, poi c'é questo libro che pure senza raccontare una sola storia, ma parecchie, sembra quasi riesca magicamente ad incrociarle nella Storia, ed ancora piú magicamente a scriverle con una fluiditá che finito il libro ti sembra di averlo appena cominciato. Bello.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: