sabato, giugno 18, 2016

The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton

The LuminariesThe Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was tiring to read. The plots were woven between them and the characters continued to bond with each other in strange ways.
The central two hundred pages have been rather boring, but I devoured the last 300, I wanted answers, to understand what had happened, I had to know who killed and why, and I was disappointed. Despite some doubts have dissolved, nor were others and I do not think that the author has plans to write a sequel, and even if she were I would not read it.
The next time I want to read a Dickensian novel, I am going to read one of the original.

Questo libro é stato faticoso da leggere. Le trame si intrecciavano tra loro ed i personaggi continuavano a legarsi gli uni con gli altri in modo assolutamente trasversale.
Le duecento pagine centrali sono state piuttosto noiose, ma le ultime 300 le ho divorate, avevo voglia di risposte, di capire come era andata, di sapere chi aveva ucciso e perché, e sono rimasta delusa. Nonostante alcuni dubbi si siano sciolti, ne sono rimasti altri e non credo che l'autrice abbia in programma di scrivere un sequel, e se anche fosse io non lo leggerei. La prossima volta che ho voglia di leggere una novella dickensiana, vado a leggermi l'originale.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: