martedì, aprile 17, 2018

The Beat Interviews by John Tytell

The Beat InterviewsThe Beat Interviews by John Tytell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Most of these interviews revolves around Kerouac, who was not interviewed, and Burroughs, who is between those of the Beat Generation, one of the authors I like less. Some of the people interviewed, probably due to the continuous and persistent drug abuse, does not seem to be very clear in explaining the answers, others are not clear at all. The beat generation was interesting for me because I've read a few books and I did not like them, so I was hoping that by deepening the background a lot of things would become more clear. It did not work, but at least I tried.

La maggior parte di queste interviste ruota intorno a Kerouac, che non é stato intervistato, e a Burroughs, che é tra quelli della beat generation, uno degli autori che apprezzo di meno. Alcune tra le persone intervistate, probabilmente a causa del continuo e perdurante uso di sostanze stupefacenti, non sembra essere molto chiara nell'esposizione delle risposte, altri non sono chiari affatto. In tutto questo la beat generation mi interessava perché ho letto qualche libro e non mi sono piaciuti, speravo quindi che approfondendo il background avrei avute piú chiare molte cose. Non ha funzionato, ma almeno ci ho provato.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND DAVID WILLS FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: