martedì, aprile 10, 2018

OUT NOW!

The Plant Messiah: Adventures in Search of the World's Rarest SpeciesThe Plant Messiah: Adventures in Search of the World's Rarest Species by Carlos Magdalena
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

If I haven't read something about this book before starting, I could have easily thought that it was a fictional story because it's well written and enjoyable, but as it is a memoir, I think it is even better in my opinion.

Se non avessi letto prima qualcosa sulla vita dell'autore, avrei potuto pensare che questo libro fosse un romanzo di finzione, invece il fatto che sia un memoir, rende il tutto migliore secondo me.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!


50 Ways to Feel Happy: Fun activities and ideas to build your happiness skills

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Books with suggestions for all type of educators, from parents to teachers, to help kids (and not only them) new ways to be happy or to search for happiness in little things of every day. Well done tips and easy to apply rules for every type of context.

Libro pieno di suggerimenti per tutti gli educatori, dai genitori agli insegnanti, per aiutare i bambini (e non sono loro) ad essere felici o a cercare la felicitá anche nelle cose di ogni giorno. Trucchi facili e regole applicabili in ogni tipo di contesto.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Batman: Detective Comics, Vol. 5: A Lonely Place of LivingBatman: Detective Comics, Vol. 5: A Lonely Place of Living by James Tynion IV
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another great chapter in the Rebirth saga but things are not finished yet.

Un altro clamoroso capitolo nella saga Rebirth, che non é ancora conclusa.

THANKS EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!



LagoonLagoon by Nnedi Okorafor
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

It took me ages to finish this little book, ages! I still have no idea of the reason why, but I couldn't read more than 20 pages per day, and this is not due to the story. The plot is interesting enough, it is not everyday that you read about aliens landing in Nigeria and modify the fishes, but this is only the beginning. I also adore Adaora as she is a great female character, still the book was hard to finish.


Ci ho messo una vita a finire questo libro e ancora non ho capito perché, ma la veritá é che non riuscivo a leggere piú di 20 pagine consecutive senza addormentarmi e questo non era causato dalla trama; in realtà infatti, non é che mi sia giá capitato di leggere in precedenza di alieni che atterrano a Lagos in Nigeria, modificando tutto a cominciare dai pesci, ma questo poi é solo l'inizio. Inoltre Adaora é un bellissimo personaggio, ciononostante, questo é stato un volume arduo da terminare. 



Be Happy!: 35 Powerful Methods for Personal Growth & Well-BeingBe Happy!: 35 Powerful Methods for Personal Growth & Well-Being by Rebecca Ray
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It was ok and easy to handle, but I have to admit that it didn't give me enough new suggestions, but maybe this si due to the fact this is far from being the first book that I read on the subject.

Non era male e particolarmente facile da leggere, ma devo anche ammettere che in quanto a novitá era piuttosto scarso, anche perché é l'ennesimo libro che leggo sull'argomento felicitá.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Breverton's Complete HerbalBreverton's Complete Herbal by Terry Breverton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The pictures could have been better, but it's a Breverton, so it is good anyway.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: