giovedì, luglio 04, 2024

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been longing to read this book since a couple of years, after I read something else written by this beautiful writer, I think it was poetry. This book, in its infinite sadness, is a real good one, well written and dramatically honest, made me feel ashamed of being white. I won't be brave enough to read all the other volume of her autobiography, but I'm delighted that she became so famous and well known.

Volevo leggere questo libro almeno da un paio d'anni, quando lessi per caso delle sue poesie. Questa storia, nella sua infinita tristezza, é veramente molto bella, ben scritta e drammaticamente onesta, piú di una volta mi sono vergognata di essere "bianca". Non credo che avró il coraggio di leggere i restanti volumi dell'autobiografia, ma il fatto che questa bambina di colore sia diventata cosí famosa e conosciuta mi riempie di gioia.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: