mercoledì, settembre 14, 2022

Review: Lessons

Lessons Lessons by Ian McEwan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have read several of McEwan's books, and in my opinion he is on a downward parabola. It's also to be said that I haven't read his early books, basically the ones in the last 10 years, and for me they have been getting worse. This last one then is written in such a long-winded and boring way that more than once I despaired of being able to finish it. Clearly I am not a literary scholar let alone a literary critic, but since I received the ARC for this book I can take it upon myself to say that I will not miss it and that maybe it may even be time for me to take a break from this author.

Ho letto parecchi libri di McEwan e secondo me é in una parabola discendente. C'é anche da dire che non ho letto i suoi libri iniziali, fondamentalmente quelli degli ultimi 10 anni e per me sono andati peggiorando. Quest'ultimo poi é scritto in modo talmente prolisso e noioso che piú di una volta ho disperato di riuscire a finirlo. Chiaramente io non sono una letterata e tantomeno un critica letteraria, ma siccome ho ricevuto l'ARC di questo libro posso prendermi la responsabilitá di dire che non mi mancherá e che magari sará anche arrivato il momento che io mi prenda una pausa da questo autore.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: