martedì, settembre 21, 2021

Review: The Book of Form and Emptiness

The Book of Form and Emptiness The Book of Form and Emptiness by Ruth Ozeki
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I loved the previous books by Ruth Ozeki, but this one left me with mixed feelings. I struggled to find the suspension of belief necessary to keep on reading about talking objects and talking books. I am sorry but I am biased: every time I read that someone is hearing voices, I am pretty sure it's a case of schizofrenia because that's the clinical psychologist in me that cannot shut up....

Ho amato i libri precedenti di Ruth Ozeki, ma questo mi ha lasciato con sentimenti contrastanti. Ho faticato per continuare a leggere di oggetti e libri parlanti. Mi dispiace ma sono prevenuta e ogni volta che leggo di qualcuno sente delle voci, sono convinta che si tratti di schizofrenia perché la psicologa clinica che c'è in me che non può stare zitta....

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: