domenica, febbraio 23, 2014

Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse, #13) by Charlaine Harris

Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse, #13)

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Exactly as expected, especially after the 12th book, is finished the series of Sookie Stackhaus, one of those series that when I read "I came out with my friends." It is not finished as I wanted, as I always belonged to team Eric, but at least she is not back with Bill, just ... just .... falling in love with his best friend has always seemed to me a choice of convenience, what would an author in his sixties God-fearing would do, and indeed she did.
No redemption for Eric; in this book everybody just come back to say goodbye and some even forever, we see Quinn, Alcide again and of course all those who have gone through more or less the life of Sookie leaving a mark, Barry and Arlene including .
I wanted it to end differently, I wanted so many things were different, but all in all the end makes sense even if you do not like.

Esattamente come previsto, specialmente dalla fine del dodicesimo libro, é terminata la serie di Sookie Stackhaus, una di quelle serie che quando la leggevo "tornavo a trovare gli amici". Non é finita come volevo io, che appartengo da sempre al team Eric, ma almeno lei non é tornata con Bill, solo che...solo che....mettersi con il suo migliore amico mi é sempre sembrata una scelta di comodo, quella che avrebbe fatto un'autrice sulla sessantina timorata di Dio per capirsi, e infatti cosí é stato.
Niente redenzione per Eric se non trasversale, in un libro solo torniamo a salutare quasi tutti ed alcuni anche per sempre, rivediamo Quinn, ovviamente Alcide e tutti coloro che piú o meno sono passati attraverso la vita di Sookie lasciando un segno, Barry ed Arlene compresi.
Avrei voluto che finisse diversamente, avrei voluto tante cose fossero diverse, ma tutto sommato la fine ha un senso anche se non mi piace.


View all my reviews

Nessun commento: