domenica, luglio 14, 2013

Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein

Stranger in a Strange LandStranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I know this is a classic of the sci-fi literature and partly I really liked it because it was, in a way, completely crazy, starting with the man from mars and finishing with the old ones and the archangels; but still I think it's a book in which you can feel that it was written ages ago. This is not something that never happens but for example some Asimov's story are ageless compared to this one. Anyway after Starship Troopers, that I read more or less 10 years ago, and this one, I think I can say that Heinlein is not my cup of tea.

Lo so che è un classicone della letteratura fantascientifica e non dico che non mi sia anche piaciuto, perchè per certi versi era completamente folle, partendo dall'uomo di Marte e finendo con gli antichi e gli arcangeli; comunque è un libro in cui ho avvertito il peso degli anni e non è raro, ma per esempio alcuni racconti di Asimov sono molto più attuali. Detto questo e dopo aver letto anche Fanteria dello spazio, più o meno una decina di anni fa, posso affermare che Heinlein non è uno dei miei scrittori preferiti.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: