domenica, aprile 14, 2019

The Last Word: A Novel by Hanif Kureishi

The Last Word: A NovelThe Last Word: A Novel by Hanif Kureishi
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The start is brilliant and looks like a book with a captivating story, too bad because then it seems to drag on almost to infinity, although it is not long at all. It is not the writing because the author does not write bad, rather I would say too many dialogues, often confused, almost metadialogues and the characters then, I did not like any of them. I'm not sure, but I think his scripts suit better his kind of writing.

L'inizio é brillante e sembra un libro con una trama affascinante, peccato peró che sembra poi trascinarsi quasi fino all'infinito, nonostante non sia per niente lungo. Non é colpa della scrittura perché l'autore non scrive male, piuttosto direi dei troppi dialoghi, spesso confusi, quasi dei metadialoghi e i personaggi poi, non me n'é piaciuto nemmeno uno. Non sonon sicura, ma credo che le sue sceneggiature rendano meglio il suo tipo di scrittura.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND SCRIBNER FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: