mercoledì, dicembre 27, 2017

OUT NOW!!!

Why You Eat What You Eat: The Science Behind Our Relationship with Food

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

With this book I keep on researching food, a topic that came to my mind as absolutely interesting after my MOOC in Neuroeconomy and after reading Gastrophysics. The way we choose food, the way we eat and drink has more to do with our brain than our stomach and I found this argument totally compelling.

Con questo libro continua il mio approfondimento sul cibo, argomento che ha attirato la mia attenzione dopo il mio primo MOOC sulla Neuroeconomia ed ha continuato ad interessarmi anche di piú dopo aver letto Gastrophysics, dove si evidenziava ancora una volta che il modo in cui mangiamo e scegliamo cosa mangiare, ha molto piú a che vedere con il nostro cervello che con il nostro stomaco.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!

  The Bad Boy CowboyThe Bad Boy Cowboy by Kate Pearce
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I didn't like this book so much, I think that most of the times Sam and HW were just itching around so the author had the possibility to fill up the right amount of pages, and from that comes my impressions of the plot slowly slowly come to the already known end.

Questo libro non mi è piaciuto tanto, anzi. Le discussioni infiniti di Sam ed HW mi sembravano solo una scusa perché l'autrice arrivasse a scrivere il numero di pagine pattuito con l'editore, considerato che poi erano sempre la stessa minestra riscaldata trita e ritrita. Quando finalmente il libro é finito ho tirato un sospiro di sollievo perché non ne potevo piú di inutili litigi.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE REVIEW!



The Dr. Sears T5 Wellness Plan: Five Changes in Five WeeksThe Dr. Sears T5 Wellness Plan: Five Changes in Five Weeks by William Sears
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the typical American Diet Book, build up like a sort of book of advertisement. This doesn't mean that it is useless, nevertheless even if is full of good ideas, the way is written and typed also, makes me think at the beginning that there was going to be a sort of scam at the end, but this happens just because I'm European.

Quando ho aperto questo libro per la prima volta e ho capito a cosa si riferivano le 5 t; specialmente l'ultima, ho pensato che fosse una presa in giro. In realtá é solo il tipico libro americano che ti vuole convincere della superioritá di questa dieta su tutte le altre, ma ci sono comunque dei buoni suggerimenti.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



The Duke of Ice (The Untouchables, #7)The Duke of Ice by Darcy Burke
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Nicholas and Violet led a very sad life till they met again, and from that moment on the book was slowly going worse, which is a lot to say. I don't know why but I didn't connect with either character and their story and the plot twist were even fastidious to me in the end. Maybe the next one is going to be better.

Nicholas e Violet hanno una vita molto triste fino a quando non si incontrano di nuovo e da quel momento il libro peggiora ulteriormente, che é dire tanto. Non so perché, ma non sono mai entrata in sintonia con nessuno dei due personaggi e anche il caos totale del finale mi ha lasciato piuttosto indifferente quando non mi ha innervosito. Magari il prossimo libro sará migliore....

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



 The House in Good Taste: Design Advice from America's First Interior DecoratorThe House in Good Taste: Design Advice from America's First Interior Decorator by Elsie De Wolfe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Reading this book is like jumping back in time, a century back in time, when the houses were huge and you cannot buy kitchens in Ikea. Fascinating.

Leggere questo libro significa tornare indietro nel tempo di almeno un centinaio di anni, quando le case erano immense e non si potevano comprare le cucine da Ikea. Affascinante.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Jazz Maynard Vol 1: The Barcelona TrilogyJazz Maynard Vol 1: The Barcelona Trilogy by Raule
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I must admit I didn't like this graphic novel so much, but it is surely my problem.

Devo ammettere che questa graphic novel non mi é piaciuta poi tanto, ma sicuramente è un problema mio.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: