venerdì, settembre 13, 2024

Review: Espedair Street

Espedair Street Espedair Street by Iain Banks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is by far the book by Ian Banks that I have enjoyed the most. I think I have read 6 or 7 and of all of them this novel is the only one with a nice linear story, with no absolute follies other than those done by some personages, but falling within a Euclidean context.
The main character then, bass player of a band that no longer exists and tenant of a fake cathedral with a false cemetery attached, is truly remarkable. I am sure that of all the books of his that we will read over the next six years in our quarterly cycle, I will not forget this Ian Banks.

Questo é in assoluto il libro di Ian Banks che mi é piaciuto di piú fino ad ora. Credo di averne letti 6 o 7 e, tra tutti, questo romanzo é l'unico con una bella storia lineare, senza follie assolute se non quelle fatte da alcuni personaggi, ma che rientrano in un contesto euclideo. Il protagonista principale poi, bassista di una band che non esiste piú e inquilino di una falsa cattedrale con annesso finto cimitero, é veramente notevole. Sono sicura che di tutti i libri suoi che leggeremo nei prossimi sei anni nel nostro ciclo trimestrale, questo Ian Banks non me lo dimenticherò piú.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: