domenica, aprile 14, 2024

Review: Tom Lake

Tom Lake Tom Lake by Ann Patchett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a great book, it reminded me of how often I too, during the early months of the pandemic, thought that as long as my family was with me, the situation was not so desperate. The story of Lara and her daughters, Joe and Duke flows extremely nicely, despite the time jumps and the feeling of impending doom, which pervades the entire novel. Yet another excellent story by this writer, who again did not disappoint me.

Che bel libro, mi ha ricordato come spesso anche io, durante i primi mesi della pandemia, pensavo che fino a che la mia famiglia era con me, la situazione non era poi cosí disperata. La storia di Lara e delle sue figlie, di Joe e di Duke scorre in modo estremamente piacevole, nonostante i salti temporali e la sensazione di fine del mondo, che pervade tutto il romanzo. Un'ennesima ottima prova di questa scrittrice, che anche stavolta non mi ha deluso.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: