giovedì, luglio 07, 2022

Villette by Charlotte Brontë

VilletteVillette by Charlotte Brontë
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The main character of this book, Lucy Snowe, is an hysterical woman whom would have made Freud super pride. It seemed to me, most of the times, that instead of reading a Victorian novel , I fell into a Russian drama; so I was disappointed, but mostly bored till the point of thinking, many times, to give up the book. But then I decided to finish it, and even in the end, in the last 20 sentences, sadness was waiting for me, I mean dear Charlotte, attitude is almost everything, no wonder you had such a sad life....

La principale protagonista di questo libro: Lucy Snowe, é una donna talmente isterica che Freud, ai vecchi tempi, sarebbe stato orgoglioso di lei. La maggior parte del tempo, piú che un classico vittoriano, sembrava di leggere uno di quei drammoni russi, tipo "I demoni"; quindi sono rimasta delusa, ma soprattutto annoiata a morte, al punto di pensare ripetutamente di mollare il libro. Ma poi ho deciso di finirlo e anche alla fine, quando quasi si poteva intravedere un barlume di felicitá, l'autrice me lo nega....voglio dire, cara Charlotte, che l'atteggiamento é importante, poi uno si spiega perché hai avuto una vita triste....

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: