domenica, gennaio 30, 2022

Review: Manhattan Beach

Manhattan Beach Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I started out with the best of intentions, then got stuck almost immediately, the story proceeding slowly in a series of uninteresting subplots whose characters I didn't even particularly like. Maybe it wasn't the right time so I skipped hundreds of pages to get to read an ending that clearly didn't make sense to me. Maybe one day I'll start again, but I don't know....

Ho iniziato con le migliori intenzioni, poi mi sono arenata quasi subito, la storia proseguiva lenta in una serie di sottotrame poco interessanti, i cui personaggi non mi stavano nemmeno particolarmente simpatici. Forse non era il momento adatto quindi ho saltato centinaia di pagine per arrivare a leggere un finale che per me, chiaramente non aveva senso. Magari un giorno ricomincio, ma non so....

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: