sabato, settembre 10, 2016

Life and Times of Michael K by J.M. Coetzee

Life and Times of Michael KLife and Times of Michael K by J.M. Coetzee
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

By far one of the most saddest stories I've ever read. The skill of Coetzee I believe is in fact telling a story absolutely dramatic with the coolness of one who does not indulge in false pieties and the veracity of a war reporter: every single detail is shown in all its absolute ferocity. Good book, but I could have lived without it.

In assoluto una delle storie piú tristi che io abbia mai letto. La bravura di Coetzee credo stia nel fatto di raccontare una storia assolutamente drammatica con la freddezza di chi non indulge in falsi pietismi e con la veridicitá di un reporter di guerra: ogni singolo particolare viene riportato in tutta la sua assoluta ferocia. Bel libro, ma avrei potuto farne a meno.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: