sabato, aprile 20, 2019

Open City by Teju Cole

Open City

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have to admit infinite satisfaction at having finally finished this book that seemed endless. In his pilgrimages between New York and Brussels, the author almost killed me. Every time I kept opening the book with the best of intentions and then I closed it after reading, I thought, a lot of pages and instead were only 10. I do not know if it was my fault or it was just the lack of plot and the longings of the hero who prevented me from reading as usual.

Ich muss unendliche Genugtuung um dieses Buch zu enden, das endlos schien beendet zugeben. In seiner Pilgerfahrten zwischen New York und Brüssel, der Autor mich fast umgebracht. Jedes Mal, wenn ich immer mit den besten Absichten öffnen das Buch und dann schloss ich es nach dem Lesen, dachte ich, eine Menge Seiten und stattdessen waren nur 10. Ich weiß nicht, ob es meine Schuld war oder es war einfach der Mangel an Handlung und die Sehnsucht des Helden, der mich vom Lesen wie gewohnt verhindert.

Devo ammettere finalmente infinita soddisfazione per aver concluso questo libro che mi sembrava infinito. Nelle sue pellegrinazioni tra New York e Bruxelles l'autore mi ha quasi ucciso. Ogni volta che riaprivo il libro con le migliori intenzioni lo chiudevo dopo aver letto, secondo me, tantissimo e invece erano solo 10 pagine. Non capisco se sia stata colpa mia oppure era proprio l'assenza di trama e i vagheggiamenti del protagonista che mi hanno impedito una lettura scorrevole.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: