domenica, agosto 11, 2013

Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People by Mahzarin R. Banaji, Anthony G. Greenwald

Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The strongest point of this book where, in my opinion of course, the infinite numbers of clear examples, the wide number of tests, that I was not able to do because it was an e-book, and last but not least the fact that in the end the author didn't give any solutions, because truly there aren't. I already knew many of the things that were written of this book because I'm a psychotherapist, but still some things were very thorough and clearer for me later. I'm happy that I read this book!

I punti forti di questo libro sono stati, ovviamente secondo me, il numero pressochè infinito di esempi molto chiari, l'ampio numero di test, che però io non ho potuto fare perchè era un ebook e ultimo, ma non per questo meno importante, il fatto che nessuno dei due autori cerca di fornire una soluzione al fatto che ci siano deggli Hidden biases nei confronti di razze e generi. Sapevo già quasi tutte le cose descritte in questo libro, perchè sono una psicoterapeuta, ma comunque molte erano parecchio approfondite che in seguito alla lettura di questo libro, mi sono diventate ulteriormente chiare. Sono felice di averlo letto.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND RANDOM HOUSE PUBLISHING GROUP FOR THE PREVIEW


View all my reviews

Nessun commento: