venerdì, marzo 06, 2020

52 Things Sons Need from Their Moms by Angela Thomas

52 Things Sons Need from Their Moms

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

My first mistake was to request this book without realizing that it was strictly directed to Christian mothers, said that and given that even I can sometimes consider myself such, it contrasts clearly with chapters whose title is "teach him to treat women / mother / sisters "and the chapter in which the mother in question, should teach the child to recognize the type of girl to marry. Personally I found it fun to the border with the dramatic; then clearly there is also the section of the South African context, that, as an Italian living in Berlin, is completely beyond me. In short, I was not the right person for this book, despite my Christian roots and my baby boy being almost six years old, but that does not mean that there are people who can appreciate the whole.

Il mio primo errore é stato richiedere questo libro senza accorgermi che era strettamente indirizzato a mamme cristiane, detto questo e premesso che anche io posso a volte considerarmi tale, ció contrasta in modo evidente con capitoli il cui titolo é "insegnargli a trattare le donne/madre/sorelle" e il capitolo in cui la madre in questione, dovrebbe insegnare al figlio a riconoscere il tipo di ragazza da sposare. Personalmente ho trovato il tutto divertente al confine con il drammatico, poi chiaro c'é anche il capitolo del contesto Sud-Africano, che, da italiana vivente a Berlino, mi sfugge completamente. Insomma, non ero la persona giusta per questo libro, nonostante le mie radici cristiane e il mio bambino di quasi sei anni, ma questo non significa che non ci siano persone che possano apprezzare il tutto.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND HARVEST HOUSE PUBLISHER FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: