martedì, febbraio 11, 2020

Review: Freshwater

Freshwater Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I knew that the "African Mythology" was not my cup of tea, I already read some other books about the same topic more or less (Dust, The Icarus girl) and every time my ignorance about the subject didn't let me appreciate the story and this time happened the same thing, again. The plot is also unbelievably sad and close to some of the tales I heard or knew due to my job as a psychotherapist, which is also put the whole novel very far from a work of fiction in my mind.

Sapevo che la mitologia africana di solito é un argomento che non mi piace, avevo giá letto altri libri sullo stesso argomento in passato (Dust, The Icarus girl) e la mia assoluta ignoranza sull'argomenti mi aveva sempre impedito di godermi la storia, esattamente come in questo caso. Inoltre il romanzo é triste e fin troppo simile alle storie che ho conosciuto o ascoltato per via del mio lavoro come psicoterapeuta, quindi difficilmente lo avrei potuto apprezzare dal punto di vista della fiction.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: