venerdì, giugno 21, 2019

Review: Salt to the Sea

Salt to the Sea Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

And with this book, my full immersion in Ruta Sepetys novels is almost coming to an end. I still have to read her unpublished book about the Spanish civil war and then I have to sit and wait, but what a ride! One of the main character of this novel is Joana, the cousin of Lina (main character of Between shades of gray - first book of the author), and so I read it very fast hoping for an almost happy ending because I had already suffered a lot with the first volume. I won't spoiler but the second half of the book brought me many times to tears even in the tube, which is something that does not happen so often, thank God. Another war crime that was unknown to me, but I think I am not the only one, another very good story to read.

...e con questo libro, la mia full immersion nell'opera di Ruta Sepetys sta arrivando all fine, quasi. Mi manca solo il libro che verrá pubblicato a settembre sulla guerra civile spagnola e poi dovró sedermi ad aspettare come tutti gli altri, ma ne valeva veramente la pena. Uno dei personaggi principali di questo libro é Joana, la cugina di Lina (personaggio principale di Between shades of gray - primo libro dell'autrice) e quindi me lo sono letto piú in fretta possibile, sperando di avere un lieto fine, per quanto possibile. Non voglio spoilerare, ma piú volte la seconda parte del libro mi ha fatto venire le lacrime agli occhi nonostante fossi nella metropolitana direzione lavoro, e non é qualcosa che mi capita spesso per fortuna. Un altro crimine di guerra che mi era completamente sconosciuto (e non credo solo a me) e un'altra bella storia da leggere.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: