martedì, giugno 18, 2019

Review: A Childhood in Syria

A Childhood in Syria A Childhood in Syria by Nicolas Hénin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The war in Syria saw trough the eyes of a young boy, whose world changes out of the blue and who is lucky enough to be able to tell his story. As a European Syria means most of all people waiting at the Balkans border seen on TV, now that I live in Germany I realized how everybody was shocked, but as I am Italian I am pretty used to refugee. What I liked most is the way being a child influences the story and the way it was told, especially at the beginning.

La guerra in Siria vista attraverso gli occhi di un bambino, il cui mondo cambia improvvisamente, ma che é stato abbastanza fortunato da poterlo raccontare. Come europea, devo dire che per la maggior parte di noi la Siria ci ricorda la fila lunghissima di rifugiati in fila ai confini balcanici, specialmente da quando vivo in Germania, ma come italiana devo dire di essere piuttosto abituata ai profughi, a cominciare dall'Albania in poi. La cosa che piú mi é piaciuta é stato il modo in cui la storia é influenzata dal fatto che é raccontata da un bambino, specialmente all'inizio.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: