venerdì, aprile 12, 2019

The Art of Asking: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help by Amanda Palmer

The Art of Asking: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had a vague idea who Amanda Palmer is, but I did not follow either her blog or her twitter, even after discovering that she was married to Neil Gaiman, I mean, in itself is already a resounding success, at least from my point of view ;)
Now that I seem to know her, because this book about the art of asking is nothing more than an autobiography, I started to follow both her blog and her twitter account, this is probably one of the things I always do every once I find an interesting person, I'm a groupie inside.
The book is pretty funny, even if I would have cut another fifty pages, but this is my personal opinion, basically is not too long, maybe just a little bit repetitive, as some things are absolutely fascinating for someone like me who has in common with her only a certain love for music.
However, the problem with the request that the author addresses in the text, I think it's one of those things that unites us all, for better or for worse, and her way to deal with it, opening maybe even too much to more critics due to the troll and malice which the web is full, it seemed to me very brave, but in my case difficult to duplicate. So I conclude by wishing her good luck and I hope above all that Anthony heals.

Avevo una vaga idea di chi fosse Amanda Palmer, ma non seguivo né il suo blog né il suo twitter, anche dopo aver scoperto che si era sposata con NEIL GAIMAN, che voglio dire, giá di per sé é un successo strepitoso, almeno dal mio punto di vista ;)
Ora che mi sembra di conoscerla, perché questo libro sull'arte di chiedere non é nient'altro che un'autobiografia, mi sono messa a seguire sia il suo blog che il suo account twitter, questo é probabilmente una delle cose che faccio sempre ogni volta che scopro una persona interessante, sono groupie dentro.
Il libro é carino, fa ridere ma avrei levato un'altra cinquantina di pagine, ma questa é una mia opinione personale, in fondo non é troppo lungo, magari soltanto un pochino ripetitivo, per quanto alcune cose sono assolutamente affascinanti per chi come me ha in comune con lei soltanto un certo amore per la musica.
Comunque il problema con il chiedere che l'autrice affronta nel testo, credo sia una di quelle cose che ci accomuna tutti, nel bene o nel male, e il suo modo di affrontarlo, aprendosi anche magari piú del dovuto a critiche di troll e cattiverie gratuite di cui la rete pullula, mi é sembrato estremamente coraggioso, ma nel mio caso difficile da duplicare. Quindi concludo augurandole buona fortuna e soprattutto spero che Anthony guarisca.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND GRAND CENTRAL PUBLISHING FOR THE PREVIEW!

Nessun commento: