domenica, febbraio 24, 2019

Review: The Only Story

The Only Story The Only Story by Julian Barnes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's incredible, but not so much in the end, how much sadness can Barnes pack in 224 pages. As this is probably the saddest book he has ever written, and he wrote many and mostly they are all sad. That said I think that this is an incredible good book, the way the story of Susan and Paul is portrayed would be indelibly stamped in my mind with the related emotions. I didn't imagine what ride I had in front of me when I read "The only real question".

È incredibile, anche se non poi tanto guardando la bibliografia dell'autore, quanta tristezza riesce a far entrare Barnes in 224 pagine, perché questo é probabilmente il libro piú triste che abbia scritto fino ad ora e lui non ne ha scritti pochi e la maggior parte sono tristi. Detto questo, perché ritengo che fosse un disclaimer necessario, ritengo il romanzo molto molto bello e la storia di Susan e Paul mi rimarrà impressa in modo indelebile nella mente assieme a tutti i sentimenti che mi ha suscitato. Non immaginavo cosa mi aspettasse, quando ho letto il primo paragrafo del libro, che parlava dell' unica vera domanda.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: