mercoledì, maggio 09, 2018

OUT NOW!

Nothing But the NightNothing But the Night by John Williams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a sad a short story, which I found not particularly well written or interesting in regards of the plot, but full of brilliant sentences, that made it worth reading. Not the John Williams I was used to, but still a novel from the author of Stoner and Butcher Crossing.

Storia triste e breve, che non mi é sembrata ben scritta come al solito e nemmeno interessante per quanto riguarda la trama, ma piena di frasi assolutamente impressionanti che l'hanno resa comunque una novella degna di nota dallo stesso autore di Stoner e Butcher Crossing.



Lord Hathaway's New Bride (Hathaway Heirs Book 2)Lord Hathaway's New Bride by Suzanna Medeiros
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was disappointed by this book, but not for the story but for the way it was told. It seemed to me that the author herself was disconnected from her characters, there was no passion and no funny interactions between them. Maybe the next one will be better.

Questo libro mi ha deluso parecchio, non tanto per la storia, ma per come viene raccontata dall'autrice, che per prima sembra essere completamente disconnessa dai suoi personaggi, privi di passione ed incapaci di dialoghi divertenti. Magari il prossimo sará migliore....

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Barracoon: The Story of the Last “Black Cargo”Barracoon: The Story of the Last “Black Cargo” by Zora Neale Hurston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It was a difficult book because it was written in some sort of dialect that was for me, not English mother tongue, complicated to understand. but the story of Kossula touched me deeply.

È stato un libro difficile perché era scritto in una qualche sorta di dialetto che mi ha reso la vita difficile, considerato che non sono madrelingua, ma la storia di Kossula mi ha toccato nel profondo.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!



The Ghost, The Owl

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In this story, I have to admit that I liked the illustrations more than the plot and the character, with the exclusion of the two named in the title.

Devo ammettere che la cosa che pu mi é piaciuta in questa storia, oltre ai due protagonisti nominati nel titolo, sono le illustrazioni, perché la trama lascia un po' a desiderare secondo me.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!



Taking Chase (Chase Brothers, #2)

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It seems to me that the Chase brothers are not the luckiest guys to have around. anyway I liked this store enough, even if I hated Chase when I met him in the previous book. I don't know if I like all this drama in my love stories anyway. I will check which brother is involved with whom in the next book and then decide.

Mi sembra che i fratelli Chase portino la loro bella dose di sfortuna e non sia poi cosí saggio stargli vicino, ma detto questo la storia non mi é dispiaciuta anche se, dopo aver letto di Chase nel primo libro [la storia di Kyle e Maggie], lo odiavo quanto basta. Comunque non sono proprio sicura che mi piaccia tutto questo dramma nelle mie storie d'amore, magari vedo chi sono i protagonisti del prossimo libro e poi decido se andare avanti o meno.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Warlight

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this book, but in a way there was too much of it. Too many secrets, too many people involved for no clear reasons and mostly too much drama anyway. It's not something I couldn't have expected from Ondaatje, but it still something that I am not able to appreciate so much.

Questo libro non mi é dispiaciuto, ma in qualche modo era eccessivo. Troppi segreti, troppi personaggi poco chiari e soprattutto troppo dramma. Non é che uno si potesse aspettare qualcosa di particolarmente di verso dall'autore ma in qualche modo, io non sono in grado di apprezzarlo come dovrei.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



A Journey Into Yin Yoga

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another type of approaching yoga, very clearly explained with good pictures of the positions and the various modification to eventually apply to them. Nice book for all the people already interested in yoga or for teacher who want to expand their lessons.

Un altro tipo di approccio allo yoga, spiegato in modo piuttosto chiaro con ottime foto delle posizione e di tutte le modifiche possibili che si possono effettuare. Il libro giusto se siete interessati allo yoga o se lo insegnate e volete espandere le vostre lezioni.

THANKS EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: