martedì, gennaio 02, 2018

OUT NOW!

The NothingThe Nothing by Hanif Kureishi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The beginning was really good, but in a way, this book looses itself on the way. Too many digression even with a small number of characters, made the story confuse, or maybe I was paying enough attention and it is my fault. Still a worthy reading, but I was expecting a different ending.

L'inizio mi era piaciuto molto, ma per qualche strana ragione ho avuto la sensazione che questa novella si perdesse un po' per strada. Troppe digressioni pur con un esiguo numero di personaggi, mi ha reso la storia confusa, o magari non ho fatto abbastanza attenzione e quindi é colpa mia. Comunque non mi é dispiaciuto, pur se mi aspettavo un finale diverso.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!

The Lost Plot (The Invisible Library #4)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked this book, but too much time has passed since the third installment in this series, so at the beginning I was feeling a little bit lost...

Questo libro mi é piaciuto parecchio, ma siccome é passato parecchio tempo dal terzo volume della serie (questo é il quarto), all'inizio mi sentivo proprio persa perché non mi ricordavo piú niente....



View all my reviews Cowboy Stole My Heart (River Ranch, #1)Cowboy Stole My Heart by Soraya Lane
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I didn't like this book so much, the characters were not really believable and there was too much drama for my taste, still I read it very fast and for somebody else it can be an enjoyable reading.

Questo libro non mi é piaciuto poi tanto, i personaggi non erano molto credibili e poi c'era fin troppo dramma per i miei gusti, questo non significa che non possa piacere ad altri.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

Clean Protein: A Revolution for Your Body and Our PlanetClean Protein: A Revolution for Your Body and Our Planet by Kathy Freston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After a very scary beginning where the authors indulge in many details about the evil of the factory farming and of a meat based diet, which by now I'm used to because it is how every vegan recipes book starts, there are some interesting informations about the plant based meat, that I didn't know. That said, in the end there are some recipes.

Dopo l'inizio pieno di avvertimenti minacciosi riguardo al futuro del nostro pianeta con questo progredire di allevamenti intensivi e di come finiremo noi che continuiamo a mangiare carne distruggendo la nostra salute, che é praticamente l'inizio di ogni libro di ricette vegane che io abbia mai letto, l'autrice fornisce informazioni utili sulla "carne a base di piante" che non conoscevo affatto e che voglio approfondire. Alla fine ci sono le ricette, come al solito.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Don't Live for Your Obituary: Advice, Commentary and Personal Observations on Writing, 2008-2017Don't Live for Your Obituary: Advice, Commentary and Personal Observations on Writing, 2008-2017 by John Scalzi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It happens, from time to time, that I read from Scalzi's blog, so some of this entries were not unknown to me, but mostly were. Things I appreciated more were the discussions about being a writer, ebooks, publishers and so on, but I found also very interesting the thing he wrote about some fellow writer, where I learned about a Duran Duran book written by Neil Gaiman and the clear difference between Douglas Adams and Scalzi himself, in his own opinion anyway. Interesting way to explore the world of science fiction from a different point of view.

Mi era capitato in passato di leggere il blog di Scalzi, ma la maggior parte di questo libro che raccoglie i post del blog mi era sconosciuto.La parte che piú mi ha interessato è quella in cui l'autore discetta di libri, ebook e case editrici, ma le entries piú interessanti sono quelle che mi hanno permesso di scoprire che nei primi anni '80 Neil Gaiman scrisse una fanzine sui Duran Duran e quali sono le differenze fondamentali tra Douglas Adams e lo stesso Scalzi, secondo lui. Questo libro non é per tutti, ma per chi ama la fantascienza é un punto di vista diverso sull'argomento.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



The Little Book of Big Weight LossThe Little Book of Big Weight Loss by Bernadette Fisers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Mostly of the ideas of this book are well known but the way they are written down could make a difference, plus there are easy rules to follow. Not your usual dieting book, but still ok.

La maggior parte delle idee scritte in questo libro sono note, ma il modo in cui l'autrice le veicola potrebbe fare la differenza, inoltre sono anche regole facilmente applicabili. Non il solito libro sulla dieta, ma ok.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: