sabato, ottobre 07, 2017

Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Americanah

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this book, but I really struggled to finish it, it is very dense, full of characters and stories, but certainly interesting, too bad for those 150 pages,at least, that were too much in my opinion. Ifemelu's blog contains insights crazy for someone like me, who does not even have a black friend (not by choice) and certainly this novel is a kind of incredible breakthrough into the lives of African-American people, but to return to the characters, I find a little difficult to understand what Ifemelu found then in Obinze, whom already was not so interesting when he was young and aging is even worse.

Il libro mi é piaciuto, ma ho veramente fatto fatica a finirlo, é molto denso, pieno di personaggi e di storie, ma indubbiamente interessante, peccato per quelle 150 pagine di troppo, almeno. Il blog di Ifemelu contiene degli insight pazzeschi per chi, come me, senza volerlo, non ha nemmeno un amico di colore e sicuramente questo romanzo é una specie di incredibile spaccato sulla vita delle persone di colore, ma per tornare ai personaggi, mi risulta un po' difficile comprendere che cosa ci trovasse poi Ifemelu in Obinze, che giá non era un granché da giovane, ma invecchiando é anche peggiorato.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: