lunedì, settembre 11, 2017

Unfathomable Depths: Drawing Wisdom for Today from a Classical Zen Poem by Sekkei Harada, Daigaku Rumme (Translation), Heiko Narrog (Introduction), Hongliang Gu (Introduction)

Unfathomable Depths: Drawing Wisdom for Today from a Classical Zen PoemUnfathomable Depths: Drawing Wisdom for Today from a Classical Zen Poem by Sekkei Harada
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Although these verses are beautiful, like all those of the original Zen for what concerns me, this systematic analysis of each one, setting it in the theory of the time, somehow, I think, perverts them. I always thought that the Zen verses should resonate something in all of us, but as this book explains exactly what they're mean, they have no more the same effect, at least for me.

Anche se questi versi sono bellissimi, come tutti quelli di origine Zen per quello che mi riguarda. Questa analisi sistematica di ognuno, inquadrandolo nella teoria dell'epoca, in qualche modo secondo me li snatura. Ho sempre pensato che i versi Zen dovrebbero far risuonare qualcosa in ognuno di noi, ma siccome questo libro ci spiega esattamente quello che stanno a significare, non hanno piú lo stesso effetto, almeno per me.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND WISDOM PUBLICATIONS FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: