martedì, giugno 27, 2017

OUT NOW!




I'm delighted that I read a lot about this book before actually reading it (skipping trough it would be a more accurate description) because at last I now know what the fuss was all about; in the end I found the book boring and I don't think Thoureau and me would be friends because I found him super supponent, but ok it's just my opinion.

Sono stata molto contenta di aver letto molto riguardo questo libro prima di leggerlo (molto velocemente devo dire, ad onor del vero), perché almeno ho capito come mai venga considerato quasi un capolavoro; per quanto mi riguarda io l'ho trovato mortalmente noioso e Thoureau mi ha dato l'impressione di essere una persona estremamente supponente, ma chiaramente questa é solo la mia opinione.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!




Of Men and Women: How to Be for Each OtherOf Men and Women: How to Be for Each Other by Pearl S. Buck
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

You can feel the years that have passed since Pearl Buck wrote this book, and even if the situation is different in China, but mostly in the U.S. also, some things haven't changed a lot in this last 50 years. But my opinion is not really on the subject of this book, it is mostly on the real good way in which she wrote that is timeless.

Si avverte chiaramente il passare degli anni, piú di 50 dalla prima pubblicazione di questo libro, quindi é chiaro che la situazione é diversa non solo in Cina, ma anche negli Stati uniti, anche se non tutto é cambiato. Il mo giudizio peró non verte tanto sull'argomento, quanto piuttosto sul suo modo bellissimo di scrivere che, invece, é senza tempo.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



The Secret Life of the Mind: How Your Brain Thinks, Feels, and DecidesThe Secret Life of the Mind: How Your Brain Thinks, Feels, and Decides by Mariano Sigman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not the first book I read on this topic, but pretty clear and precise in its will to make the brain as clear as possible. Some things I knew some other I didn't so it was a pleasure to read it.

Non il primo libro che leggo sull'argomento, ma piuttosto chiaro e preciso nel suo desiderio di rendere i processi celebrali il piú "trasparenti" possibile. Alcune cose le sapevo, altre no, quindi é stato un piacere leggerle.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: