lunedì, aprile 10, 2017

OUT THIS WEEK:

Earthly Remains (Commissario Brunetti, #26)Earthly Remains by Donna Leon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't really appreciate criminal novels where the culprit won't pay for his/her deeds, and in this book it happened not once but twice. So, even if I usually like Donna Leon's books, even if she hates Venice in particular and Italy in general, this one was not to my liking.

Non mi piacciono i gialli dove i "cattivi" alla fine non pagano per i loro crimini, ed in questo libro accade per ben due volte quindi, anche se di solito mi piacciono i romanzi della Leon, anche se lei odia Venezia in particolare e l'Italia in generale, questo non é stato poi un granché.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!




Every Body Yoga: Let Go of Fear. Get On the Mat. Love Your Body.Every Body Yoga: Let Go of Fear. Get On the Mat. Love Your Body. by Jessamyn Stanley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is, in my opinion, the best book about yoga that I've ever read and Jessamy is a goddess! For the first time in my life I thought that I could handle some positions even if I'm far from being thin and as flexible as a piece of wood. I even think is a great book to improve self esteem and braveness.

Questo é, secondo me, il miglior libro sullo yoga che mi sia capitato di leggere ultimamente e Jessamy é fighissima. Per la prima volta in vita mia ho pensato che avrei potuto fare qualche posizione anche se non sono magra e la mia flessibilitá é paragonabile a quella di un ballino di cemento, Penso inoltre che sia un buon libro anche per l'autostima e per infonderci un po' di coraggio.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



On Reading, Writing and Living with Books (Found on the Shelves)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Very famous author who wrote about books, fictions, being author and so on. A very interesting reading and some things I didn't know, like Dickens being friend with Collins for example. The best present for a bookworm.

Autori famosi che scrivono di libri, di storie e dell'essere autori, etc. Lettura interessante che mi ha permesso anche di scoprire, per esempio, che Dickens e Collins erano amici. Il regalo migliore per un bibliofilo.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!



I Feel Bad: All Day. Every Day. about Everything.I Feel Bad: All Day. Every Day. about Everything. by Orli Auslander
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The moment I started to write this review I was writing something about how much Orli Auslander reminded me of Shalom Auslander (author of "Foreskin's lament") and the I checked on the internet and I realized that Orli is his wife, so as long as I'm concerned they are the funniest Jews I read. This book resonates not only in me because of my catholic education, but because I'm a mother too, mostly like her. So I really had so much fun because I realized I'm not the only one feeling bad for all that reasons!

Nel momento in cui ho iniziato a scrivere questa recensione ho ripensato a quanto questo libro mi ricordasse "Il lamento del prepuzio" di Shalom Auslander e in preda ad un'illuminazione ho guardato su internet e ho scoperto che lui é sui marito, dell'autrice intendo. A questo punto entrambi si posizionano al primo posto nella mia personale classifica degli ebrei simpatici tra gli scrittori (non é poi cosí difficile se escludiamo Moni Ovadia). Questo libro inoltre ha trovato terreno fertile in me, non solo per via della mia educazione cattolica, ma anche perché ho un figlio e compio con lui gli stessi (piú altri) errori di Orli. Per questo oltre a divertirmi, questa specie di graphic novel mi ha dato anche parecchio conforto.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: