venerdì, ottobre 28, 2016

Philip Roth: The Continuing Presence: New Essays on Psychological Themes by B. Jane Statlander-Slote

Philip Roth: The Continuing Presence: New Essays on Psychological ThemesPhilip Roth: The Continuing Presence: New Essays on Psychological Themes by B. Jane Statlander-Slote
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As a psychotherapist, I was very intrigued by the title of the book, and I would say that almost in its entirety didn´t disappointed me. The psychoanalytic reinterpretation of the books of Roth, that I've read almost all, it's been fascinating though, at least in part repetitive. The problem lies in the fact that the author had gutted so in depth characters and plots that somehow she had "ruined" the books for me, just like somebody coming to me to explain a magic trick; so if I had known before, I do not think I would read this book, but I am sure that this is a problem strictly personal.

Come psicoterapeuta ero molto intrigata dal titolo del libro, che in parte non mi ha delusa, anzi direi quasi in toto. La rilettura in chiave psicoanalitica dei libri di Roth, che ho letto quasi tutti, é stata affascinante anche se, almeno in parte ripetitiva. il problema risiede nel fatto che aver sviscerato cosí in profonditá protagonisti e trame, in qualche modo mi ha "rovinato" i libri, come se qualcuno venisse da me durante uno spettacolo di magia e mi spiegasse tutti i trucchi; quindi, se l'avessi saputo prima, non credo avrei letto questo libro, ma sono certa che questo sia un problema strettamente personale.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND NorthEast Books & Publishing FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: