giovedì, marzo 03, 2016

OUT NOW!

The Literature Book

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wonderful, the classic books trough ages with explanations and interpretations plus it's all told in a very illustrated and funny way. I'm looking for the day it will be published because I'm going to buy the paper version for myself.

Splendido, i classici attraverso le epoche con spiegazioni ed interpretazioni, il tutto arricchito da un'impaginazione divertente e piena di illustrazioni. Non vedo l'ora che lo pubblichino cosí me lo compro cartaceo.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS AND DK PUBLISHING FOR THE PREVIEW!


 
Wedding Night With the Earl (The Heirs' Club of Scoundrels Trilogy, #3)
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was disappointed by this book mostly because there was not a real story to talk of, most of the times the characters were lost in their thoughts, always ruminating about their worries and fear. So I found it boring.

La cosa che piú mi ha deluso di questo libro é che non ci fosse una trama consistente, la maggior parte del tempo i personaggi ripensavano e ruminavano sulle loro paure piuttosto che agire e combinare qualcosa, quindi l'ho trovato parecchio noioso.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND ST.MARTIN'S PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW!


 
When Breath Becomes Air
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Such a sad book, very beautiful in its own way but there is a big difference from Sack's Gratitude and this one. Paul could have done so many things but his life was cut short so it's better that I do not indulge in this thought and try to remember the heroic way he accepted his fate and tried to get the best from that.

Un libro decisamente tristissimo anche se bello, ma c'é una grandissima differenza tra questo e Gratitudine di Sacks. Paul avrebbe potuto fare tantissime cose, ma la sua vita é diventata improvvisamente cortissima, quindi é meglio che io lasci perdere questo pensiero e ricordi invece il modo eroico in cui ha affrontato il suo destino e ha cercato di trarne il meglio.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND RANDOM HOUSE UK, VINTAGE PUBLISHING FOR THE PREVIEW!


 
To Steal a Heart (Secrets and Spies, #1)
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I liked the idea and the plot was also well developed, but in the end it was the main character whom I couldn't stand, so that spoilt the whole book for me. A real pity, because even if I 'm a little interested in Raven's story, I'm not sure I can handle another "bad man".

Mi piaceva molto l'idea e la trama era ben costruita, ma alla fine il personaggio maschile principale era talmente odioso che mi ha rovinato tutto il libro. Peccato, perché mi incuriosisce anche Raven, ma non credo di essere in grado di tollerare un'altro "cattivo" che s'innamora.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND RANDOM HOUSE PUBLISHING GROUP - LOVESWEPT FOR THE PREVIEW!


 
Hell's Bounty
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I think that the brothers Lansdale had a lot of fun writing this story, more or less as I had reading it. Cowboys, ghouls, devils, zombies, prostitutes, Indians and kids all together in a crazy novel in the best of the Lansdale's tradition, I was waiting for Hap &Leonard to come and say halloo too, but I was disappointed, anyway a must read for all the fans around the world.

Penso che i fratelli Lansdale si siano divertiti parecchio a scrivere questa storia, piú o meno tanto quanto me che l'ho letta. Cowboys, ghouls, diavoli, zombi, prostitute, indiani e bambini, tutti assieme in una pazza storia nella migliore delle tradizioni che si rifanno ad uno dei miei autori preferiti, mi aspettavo che anche Hap &Leonard comparissero per un saluto da un momento all'altro, ma in questo, sono rimasta delusa, comunque resta un must per chiunque ami Lansdale.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND SUBTERRANEAN PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW!



 
The SEAL's Rebel Librarian (Alpha Ops, #2)
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was curious because I read the first one and I wasn't disappointed. I liked Erin and Jack a lot and now I'm fine because it was a good book and it gave exactly what it promised.

Ero curiosa perché di Jack se ne parlava anche nel primo libro e non sono rimasta delusa. Lui ed Erin formavano una bella coppia e ora sono contenta perché ho letto una storia che mi ha dato esattamente quello che mi aveva promesso.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND ST.MARTIN'S PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW!

Nessun commento: