mercoledì, gennaio 07, 2015

My Life in Middlemarch by Rebecca Mead

My Life in MiddlemarchMy Life in Middlemarch by Rebecca Mead
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The parallel lives of the characters in Middlemarch, of their author George Eliot and the writer of this well written and interesting essay. I did not know much about George Eliot, except that she was a woman, I'm sure now that his life has been, in a way, like a novel, especially for an author who chose to live together as husband and wife at the time of Queen Victoria . Among other things, relive several of the steps in Middlemarch reminded me how much I liked the time, now I also want to read her other works that I still haven´t.

Le vite parallele dei personaggi di Middlemarch, della loro autrice George Eliot e della scrittrice di questo saggio ben scritto ed interessante. Non sapevo molto della via di George Eliot, se non che fosse una donna, adesso sono sicura che anche la sua vita in un certo senso é stata come un romanzo, specialmente per un'autrice che scelse la convivenza more uxorio ai tempi della regina Vittoria. Tra l'altro rivivere parecchi dei passaggi di Middlemarch mi ha ricordato quanto mi fosse piaciuto ai tempi, ora vorrei anche leggere le altre sue opere che mi mancano.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND CROWN PUBLISHING FOR THE PREVIEW!



View all my reviews Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Nessun commento: