venerdì, gennaio 09, 2015

Good Kings Bad Kings by Susan Nussbaum

Good Kings Bad KingsGood Kings Bad Kings by Susan Nussbaum
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I'm sorry, but I think that the author has used the stories of children with disability recounted in this book to bring to light what are the difficulties of living assisted by the state (even when this state is Illinois and not Italy where everything would be much worse) rather than focusing in the plot. This means that I was not able to immerse myself so much, because it all seemed too pedagogical, too "live to tell", also it has never helped me when the books are told from the point of view of too many characters.

Mi dispiace, ma credo che l'autrice abbia utilizzato le storie dei ragazzi con disabilitá raccontati in questo libro per portare alla luce quelle che sono le difficoltá di vivere assistiti dallo stato (pur quando questo stato é l'Illinois e non l'Italia dove tutto sarebbe decisamente peggio) piuttosto che concentrarsi nella storia. Questo significa che non sono riuscita tanto ad immedesimarmi, perché il tutto mi sembrava troppo pedagogico, troppo "vivere per raccontarla", inoltre non mi ha mai aiutato quando i libri vengono raccontati secondo il punto di vista di troppi personaggi.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND ALGONQUIN BOOKS FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: