domenica, luglio 27, 2014

On Beauty by Zadie Smith

On Beauty

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think this book is one of the best examples of how tragic can be absolutely hilarious, obviously not when tragedies are happening to us ...
Of the three novels I've read so far by Zadie Smith (White teeth, NW and this one)this book I liked the most, perhaps because the characters were really well-characterized or even because, although once again the story was about lives of "migrants", it was easier for me to identify myself.

credo che questo libro sia uno degli esempi migliori di come il tragico possa essere assolutamente divertente, ovviamente quando le tragedie non stanno capitando a noi...
Dei tre romanzi che ho letto di Zadie Smith fino ad ora (White teeth, NW e questo appunto) é quello che mi é piaciuto di piú, forse perché i personaggi erano veramente ben caratterizzati o anche perché, pur se anche stavolta la storia era quella di "migranti", é stato per me piú facile immedesimarmi.

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: