venerdì, giugno 27, 2014

Henry James: The Imagination of Genius, A Biography by Fred Kaplan

Henry James: The Imagination of Genius, A Biography

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It could have been an interesting book, but in the end resulted too long, sometimes indigestible and very centered on the alleged repressed homosexuality of the author (H.J.). It has served to uncover information that I had not about his books and I become aware of the fact that Henry James has known practically all my favorite writers of the time, but other than that I've read several pieces jumping because I was very bored.

Poteva essere un libro interessante, ma alla fine é risultato troppo troppo lungo, a tratti indigesto e molto centrato sulla presunta omosessualitá repressa dello scrittore. Mi é servito per scoprire informazioni che non avevo sui suoi libri e venire a conoscenza del fatto che Henry James ha conosciuto praticamente tutti i miei scrittori preferiti dell'epoca, ma a parte questo l'ho letto saltando parecchi pezzi perché ero decisamente annoiata.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND OPEN ROAD INTEGRATED MEDIA FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: