martedì, novembre 19, 2013

The Five Acts of Diego Leon: A Novel by Alex Espinoza

The Five Acts of Diego Leon: A Novel

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I do not know why but recently I read a lot of books involving characters that struggles to find their own place in the world, as Diego Leon does, plus he does it far from his roots and from the society where he was born so it's even more problematic. Maybe I read these books because I actually am an expat myself, but still this one was a little bit boring, specially in the end and doesn't give any special insights.

Non so come mai, ma di recente mi sta capitando di leggere un sacco di libri i cui protagonisti "combattono" per trovare il loro posto nel mondo, come Diego Leon, che inoltre lo fa lontano dalle sue radici e dalla società dove è nato quindi ha ancora più difficoltà. Forse leggo questo tipo di libri perchè sono a mia volta un'espatriata, però questo l'ho trovato un po' noioso specialmente alla fine e non è che poi mi abbia particolarmente impressionato.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND RANDOM HOUSE PUBLISHING GROUP FOR THE PREVIEW


View all my reviews

Nessun commento: