sabato, agosto 31, 2013

The Real North Korea: Life and Politics in the Failed Stalinist Utopia by Andrei Lankov

The Real North Korea: Life and Politics in the Failed Stalinist Utopia

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

My big problem with this book was the tone of condescension of the author, treating the reader and the people he was talking about as little kids that need explanation can be good for somebody but not so much for me. More he doesn't really gives many reasons for situations he says are like this or like that. So I found it quite interesting but not so much as I would.

Il mio problema con questo libro era il tono condiscendente che l'autore utilizza sia per spiegare i coreani (del nord), come se fossero tutti uguali, sia per descrivere gli eventuali scenari che potrebbero prospettarsi, senza però dare dati concreti a supporto delle sue ipotesi. In finale quindi il libro è stato interessante, ma non tanto come avrei voluto.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: