lunedì, febbraio 04, 2013

The Brontës: Wild Genius on the Moors: The Story of Three Sisters by Juliet Barker

The Brontës: Wild Genius on the Moors: The Story of Three Sisters

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really like to read books about my favorite authors, but this was a little too much because It's so omnicomprehensive that in the end more than 1000 pages over this interesting family were a little bit of too much for me; more, I still haven't read all of their books and I didn't want "spoilers"! This book is more about the father and Charlotte, and this was quite a disappointment to me, because I've already read Mrs. Gaskell "Life of Charlotte Bronte", even if Gaskell's Charlotte is different from this one, and I tend to believe to the recent version of her. 
This book is really for to the lovers of Victorian era, because it really seems to be there anyway.

Mi piace leggere i libri su i miei autori preferiti, ma questo è stato un po' "troppo", perchè è talmente dettagliato ed onnicomprensivo che alla fine, più di 1000 pagine su questa, per quanto interessante famiglia, sono state eccessive per me; inoltre non ho ancora letto tutti i loro libri e non volevo Spoiler! Questo libro poi è più incentrato su Charlotte su Patrick, il padre, e questo è stata un po' una delusione perchè avendo già letto "La vita di Charlotte Bronte" Di E. Gaskell, alcune parti sono state un po' ripetitive, pur se la figura di Charlotte in quest ultimo saggio emerge meno edulcorata e tendo a credere più alla Barker che alla Gaskell a riguardo.
C'è però da dire che se siete degli amanti dell'epoca vittoriana questo libro ha una grandissima capacità descrittiva, tanto che sembra di esserci.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND OPEN ROAD MEDIA FOR THE PREVIEW

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: