giovedì, febbraio 28, 2013

From Germany to Germany: Diary 1990 by Günter Grass, Krishna Winston (translator)

From Germany to Germany: Diary 1990

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I usually like Gunter Grass writing, and more I usually find his memories fascinating, but in this book his ambivalence towards the Germany Unification was a little too much and so this diary was, from time to time, sanctimonious and heavy to read, for me of course.

Di solito mi piace lo stile di Grass, e ancor di più trovo le sue "memorie" affascinanti (come per "Sbucciando cipolle"), stavolta però, non so' se per la sua completa ambivalenza nei confronti dell'unificazione delle due Germanie, questo diario era pesante da leggere e un po' troppo moralistico per i miei gusti.

THNAKS TO NETGALLEY AND HOUGTON MIFFIN HARCOURT FOR THE PREVIEW

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: