giovedì, agosto 30, 2012

Purple Passages: Pound, Eliot, Zukofsky, Olson, Creeley, and the Ends of Patriarchal Poetry by Rachel Blau DuPlessis

Purple Passages: Pound, Eliot, Zukofsky, Olson, Creeley, and the Ends of Patriarchal PoetryPurple Passages: Pound, Eliot, Zukofsky, Olson, Creeley, and the Ends of Patriarchal Poetry by Rachel Blau DuPlessis
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was a pretty difficult book for me for many reason, but I think the most important was my absolute ignorance about the gender debates about modernism and the patriarchal poetry. Anyway some of the stuff I got was interesting, specially the part about the social contradictions and the male poets that I knew and I read.

Questo per me è stato un libro abbastanza complesso da seguire, fondamentalmente perchè non ero al corrente dei vari dibattiti sulle differenze di genere nei poeti considerati modernisti, nè di quali o quanti fra essi fossero considerati "patriarcali". A parte questo, alcune delle nozioni come le contraddizioni sociali o i poeti "maschili" erano piuttosto interessanti.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND UNIVERSITY OF IOWA PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: